Thai And Filipino Food Taste

7:01 AM


Asian foods are exceptional! Asia, being the largest and most populous continent, it is home of various cultures and of own characteristic cuisine. In this post, I will share to you my experience about an Asian food event that I attended. It is all about Asian savor and I call it “Thai and Filipino Food Tasting”. This is what I love about staying in Cebu, it is one of the top food trip destinations and variety of choices is not a problem. You just have to prepare a little amount of cash and you are good to go.

The participating food stores were Thai Street PH and Orange Karenderia.

Thai Street PH – This is a food stall that serves Thai foods and is making its way to Sugbo Merkado SRP grounds near SM seaside starting this March 17, 2017. Owned by a very charming and friendly woman, Janine is her name. She lived in Australia for years and have tasted various cuisines. Thai foods made an impact to her taste buds and since then, she was motivated to start a business about it.

Orange Karenderia – This is a local food establishment offering Cebuano favorites and exotic dishes such as Linarang na Bakasi/Endong/Barracuda, Tinolang Dugso/Mamsa, Crispy Tuna Buntot and many more. This has many branches in the city but during this event, we tried the branch in Parkmall Cebu.

Thai and Filipino Foods I tasted and why they are so delicious:

1. Thai pork barbecue and cold Thai milktea 
– Compared to other barbecue I have tried out there, this Thai pork barbecue is the most tender barbecue I have ever tasted. The meat will just dissolve with just few crush. It is like cake inside my mouth. No extra effort in chewing. The flavor of properly marinated meat made me question Janine how she do the marinating process. “I marinate it the normal way”, she smiled. I know for sure she has lovable techniques in doing so and her charming character reflect to what she’s cooking/marinating. Amazeballs! This is best paired with rice because you know Asians, we love rice and it will be hard to survive without it.

As for the milktea, what really amazes me is its color. It is slightly different to what I usually order (well, from Filipino food stores haha). Orange, yes, its color is orange. I like the aroma as I sip the cold, sweet and thirst quenching liquid. I so love the fancy straw as well!

Thai pork barbecue with rice costs 150 pesos while Thai milktea costs 60-65 pesos. Eazy-peazy in the pocket! This gastronomic combo is deliciously a sure deal! I recommend it to you.



2. Betsy's Garlic Chicken
-Ever tasted fried chicken with sprinkled sesame seeds? Well, I haven’t before and this was my first time. I tell you, this is not your ordinary chicken menu. The way it melts in the mouth is truly breathtaking. I would not want to gulp them right away. I want it to touch my taste buds for longer time. Ugh! And the sauce, mouth-watering! This is one of my favorites! And yes, this is one of their best-sellers.


3. Crispy Tuna Belly
- Fish meat is always a good choice for my heart and this one not an exception to that list. Tuna Belly properly covered with smooth bread crumbs dipped in soury goodness sauce makes me eat fast. Lol!


4. Chicharong Bulaklak
- Cebuano people call this locally as “ginabot”. I am not really a big fan of it because it’s loaded with cholesterol and it’s not good for my (broken) heart, hahaha! But this one is good for my cheat days. I took a small piece of this during that night and yeah, it tasted good. I just didn’t bother to get an additional piece because my heart says no, no. But for sure, if you are a ginabot lover, I bet you will love this. Just look at the picture and you will know what I mean.


5. Pork Sisig
- A dish made of pig’s head and liver, seasoned with onion, onion leaves, calamansi and chili peppers.I never know Sisig can look as beautiful as Orange Karenderia’s pork sisig. Look at that, I kind of hesitate to destroy its good looks, lol. This is my second favorite!


In general, I highly recommend Thai pork barbecue and cold Thai milktea. Not only a quick break from your usual menu on the table, but also a quick break from chewing semi-hard meats that’s common in other food stores.
How about you, have you tried some of this? What is your favorite? Let me know in the comment section below.

50 comments:

  1. Thai food is the bomb! Bbq and milktea are heaven-sent. Haha!

    I'd love to have that sisig and crispy ginabot too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I drank the milktea that time, my thirsty throat was quenched to the highest level. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Thai food is perf! I am still loyal to my nationality though. Hahahaha! Go sisig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss eating Pork Satay! I'm getting hungry reading your blog... Thanks for sharing Emelie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to try the Thai bbq as you mentioned it is as soft as a cake! Lemme try it over the payday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG bisag asa ani nila, go kaayo ko. They all look fabulously delicious! Thai bbq sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nagmahay ko ni-open ko ani kadlawng dako na gigutom kog maayo.
    Lami gyud tanan pagkaon nga gi-serve ato nga time! Naglibog ko unsa ako favorite. Maybe all of them! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thai milk tea is supposed to look orangey. Hehehehe! Because of black tea and milk. Wow! The barbecue does look tender. I bet you enjoyed every bite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I would really love to try the Thai BBQ and Milk tea combo. I have tried the Betsy's Garlic Chicken and yes, there is something to it that made you really savor that flavorful meat in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chicharong bulaklak is heart. Chicharong bulaklak is life. Kahinumdom nalang ko sa Sunday bonding moments namo sa ako family. Mangaon dayon mi ana after mass. Charot. Maayo unta lami na uy. Naa ra bay uban nga gahi kaayo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pork Sisig looks good! Day, panglibre bi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your hard work is much appreciated. Nobody can stop to admire you. Lots of appreciation. www.continental-delight.com.sg halal food catering services

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. security license check

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm hoping you keep writing like this. I love how careful and in depth you go on this topic. Keep up the great work cool t shirts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us rmla

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... red light therapy for rosacea

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was among the best posts and episode from your team it let me learn many new things. social media marketing agency brampton

    ReplyDelete
  18. Much thanks for composing such an intriguing article on this point. This has truly made me think and I plan to peruse more custom aftermarket wheels

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place url shortner

    ReplyDelete
  20. This article is one of the best in the history of articles. I'm a antique 'Article' collector and I sometimes read them interesting cultured ghee vs ghee

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. what is cultured ghee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. Cbd oil uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it, the chocolate block wein

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! cheap clothing

    ReplyDelete
  25. A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. Maid cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. partner schlüsselanhänger

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming. Commercial Cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. haus verkaufen über makler

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. Shecky

    ReplyDelete
  30. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing the information, keep doing awesome... I truly delighted in investigating your site. great asset... how to make money online as a teen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. How to earn money online

    ReplyDelete
  32. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. sun glasses

    ReplyDelete
  33. I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. Tesla Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  34. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. btosurplus

    ReplyDelete
  35. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. go2college.ca

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think this is a standout amongst the most critical data for me. What"s more, i"m happy perusing your article. Be that as it may, ought to comment on some broad things mobile targeting

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! affordable trendy plus size clothing

    ReplyDelete
  38. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I've been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. Very easy shopping

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. Lawyers Oxford MS

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Liquor Store Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
  41. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. Roof Replacement Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  42. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. Expense Reduction

    ReplyDelete
  43. I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks Oxford Liquor Store

    ReplyDelete
  44. I think this is a standout amongst the most critical data for me. What"s more, i"m happy perusing your article. Be that as it may, ought to comment on some broad things Best real estate agent near me

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is truly an practical and pleasant information for all. Thanks for sharing this to us and more power Unique

    ReplyDelete
  46. With so many books and articles coming up to give gateway to make-money-online field and confusing reader even more on the actual way of earning money, African Star

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! Medical Items

    ReplyDelete
  48. This was among the best posts and episode from your team it let me learn many new things. koi delta 8 gummies

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks !. ford radio code

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.